Hello! Every year, I write a post about the sci-fi movies I’m looking forward to seeing in the coming year. And I also recap what I’ve seen from the previous year’s post. Well, you can find the 2016 post here.
Of the 21 movies on last year’s post, I’ve seen 11 of them. A couple I didn’t like at all, and fell asleep during them or stopped watching them (on Netflix). 6 of the movies, I still want to see when they release on video. And 1 of the movies didn’t release, but is on my list again for this year. Of the movies I saw last year, my favorites were The 5th Wave, Captain America: Civil War, Independence Day: Resurgence, and Star Trek Beyond. I didn’t see any movies in December, so that’s why there are some big ones missing from my favorites list.
My list for 2017 was much longer, but some movies didn’t have an exact date, much information to tell what the movie was about, or I just wasn’t that excited to see them. So, here’s my list for 2017…
1. January 6 – Hidden Figures
(not sci-fi, but science history)
2. January 20 – The Discovery
3. February 3 – The Space Between Us
4. March 17 – Beauty and the Beast
(not sci-fi, but it’s freakin’ Beauty and the Beast)
5. March 24 – Life
6. March 31 – Ghost in the Shell
7. April 28 – The Circle
8. May 5 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
(I’m most excited about this sci-fi movie)
9. May 19 – Alien: Covenant
10. June 2 – Wonder Woman
11. July 14 – War for the Planet of the Apes
12. July 21 – Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
13. October 6 – Blade Runner 2049
14. October 20 – Geostorm
15. December 15 – Star Wars: Episode VIII
(Are we going to keep getting a new Star Wars film every 1-2 years?)
Tell me: What 2017 movies are you most looking forward to?