Six Sentence Sunday: A confrontation in Never Gonna Let You Go #sixsunday

Thank you to everyone who reads and comments on my excerpts each week. :)

Today I bring you six from Never Gonna Let You Go (blurb here),
which releases January 31 from Decadent Publishing.

Here is a confrontation between Calla and Melina. Enjoy!

“We’re not friends anymore because of you. He married you then turned into a complete asshole. What did you do to him?”

Holloway rose from the bed and moved so she stood only inches away from Calla. Her nostrils flared. “It wasn’t my fault.”

Visit http://www.sixsunday.com/ to find out who’s participating in Six Sentence Sunday this week or follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter.

This entry was posted in Decadent, Never Gonna Let You Go, Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: A confrontation in Never Gonna Let You Go #sixsunday

1. Oh snap, what a confrontation! I think they’re in for an interesting argument.
    Great six Jess!

2. Alix says:

Great atmosphere and frustration in your six. Well done.
    Alix recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 30My Profile

3. Uh-oh I sense a cat flight brewing! The tension in this snippet is awesome. Great six!
    Heather Thurmeier recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 1/22My Profile

4. Intense six, Jess! Love the cover – good luck with the 31st release!
    Sandra Bunino recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – 1/22My Profile

5. Not her fault? Great suspense and interaction here. Makes me want to read more! x

6. Lisa Fox says:

Arguments are so passionate in their own way and I think this one is going to be very interesting!

7. Cate Masters says:

Oh, sounds like some secrets are about to come out. Love it!
    Cate Masters recently posted..SSS: Old enemies meet againMy Profile

8. jayel kaye says:

Got the makings of a good fight coming on

9. Liz Crowe says:

sounds intriguing! well written.
    Liz Crowe recently posted..Comment on About Liz Crowe by Frankie FitchpatrickMy Profile

10. Karla Doyle says:

Sounds like there’s a lot of history between these two (or three). Great tension in this excerpt, Jessica.
    Karla Doyle recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 01/22/2012My Profile

11. Paula Martin says:

A good fight brewing up here. Great six!
    Paula Martin recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Fragrance of VioletsMy Profile

12. Cara Bristol says:

Cat fight, cat fight! Fun six. Want to see what happens next.
    Cara Bristol recently posted..Six Sunday: the divorcee’s reaction to her hot neighbor…My Profile

13. Laura Kaye says:

Oh, I want to know more!

14. Ranae Rose says:

Interesting – hope you post the next six next sunday, because I wanna know what happens!
    Ranae Rose recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Lonely AlphaMy Profile

15. Nice tension in this six!

16. Graylin Fox says:

Woooo! Fight fight! and then make-up sex!
    Graylin Fox recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – BloodlinesMy Profile

17. OOohhh what will happen next? I need to read this!
    Carrie Ann Ryan recently posted..A Taste for a Mate: Six Sentence Sunday – #25My Profile

18. Holloway is so defensive. Makes me wonder. I’m looking forward to picking this one up.
    Patricia Green recently posted..6 Sentence Sunday – Jan. 22, 2012My Profile

19. Dee Carney says:

Uh oh. Lot of great tension in here!
    Dee Carney recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

20. Ryan Derham says:

I like the way you bring out the frustration Calla’s feeling and the intensity of Melina’s reaction. Can’t help feeling it’s the guy’s fault if he’s acting like an a**hole. ;) Great six Jessica! Good luck on the new release!

21. Hmmmm. Who’s telling the truth?

22. Jenna Jaxon says:

This scene gets right to the conflict–and it sounds like a great conflict! Can’t wait to read more. Excellent six.
    Jenna Jaxon recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday–1/22/12 Only Scandal Will DoMy Profile

23. Sarah Grimm says:

Intriguing six. I want to read more!

24. sue says:

Not her fault eh? She probably thinks it’s the others’ fault per chance? Good Job
    sue recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday January 22My Profile

25. Eleri Stone says:

Uh-oh. Sounds like they’re just warming up.
    Eleri Stone recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

26. Sarah W says:

I can’t wait for her explanation . . . Nice choice of sentences!
    Sarah W recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Full Metal Librarian IX (Truth and Consequences)My Profile

27. Krystal Wade says:

Who’s fault is it??? Great, tension filled six!
    Krystal Wade recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

28. Gemma Parkes says:

Ooh, l like the tension here!
    Gemma Parkes recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday #27My Profile

29. Lila Shaw says:

Terrific tension in this one. It definitely has me wondering what happened.
    Lila Shaw recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday — Gaia Unleashed #SixSundayMy Profile

30. JoAnn Ross says:

Waiting, waiting, waiting. . . for an answer. That was a cliffhanger!

Good luck with the release! I hope it sells gangbusters!

31. She seems to be hinting at the fact that it may be her fault instead. I wonder what did happen? Good hook, Jessica. I enjoyed it! Super good luck with sells!

32. lexcade says:

This should be good. Great six! Can’t wait to see more.
    lexcade recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 1/22My Profile

33. Very tense. *wince* Finger pointing never ends well…
    Hailey Edwards recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

34. Alyssa Fox says:

Nice intense six this week.

35. K.E. Saxon says:

Cat fight! (LOL!) Seriously, though, I was drawn in right away. (Love the blurb, btw). There’s so much going on under the surface here. Great six!

36. o_O Oh my! Claws come out and I need more!

37. Oh, I want to know more!

38. They’re fighting in the bedroom? Sorry, distracted with wondering what Holloway is wearing… Do I sense a bit of tension here? :)
    dianne hartsock recently posted..A Reluctant PsychicMy Profile

39. Great tension and setup of mystery surrounding her husband and why he became that way…
    Angela Quarles recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – 1/22/12My Profile

40. Intriguing relationships among these three–must know more! Also an excellent blurb, good luck with the upcoming release!

41. Gem Sivad says:

Lots of tension and heat in these six! Congrats on the upcoming release.
    Gem Sivad recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

42. J.C. Martin says:

Fights over a man are the most intense and catty fights! This might get ugly. Great six!
    J.C. Martin recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Hot BlaizeMy Profile

43. Elaine says:

They are putting plenty of front into confrontational ;)

44. Cherie Marks says:

Serious tension! Great six!
    Cherie Marks recently posted..Six Sunday–Lost in New Falls AND Reader Rally Still GoingMy Profile

45. Zee Monodee says:

So much tension brimming in this wone – great job, Jess! :)
    Zee Monodee recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Calling Home Snippet #7My Profile

46. Great confrontation!

47. Jasmine says:

Definitely sounds like someone’s going down! Nice six. :)

48. Vivien Dean says:

This just crackles! Great job!
    Vivien Dean recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

49. S. J. Maylee says:

Loving the tension! great 6!!

Comments are closed.