Six Sentence Sunday – May 6, 2012: Six from An Unexpected Return #sixsunday

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading and commenting
on my excerpts each week.  I truly appreciate your time. :)

Today, my six comes from An Unexpected Return, the second story to be released May 30 as part of Decadent Publishing’s new science fiction romance line, Elatia.

This is a conversation between the heroine, Xia, and her trainer in erotic massage.
Jacobus has just told her about her first appointment.

“All right.” The words came out as a squeak. “Am I, um…? Do I have to sleep with him?”

He snorted in amusement. “Do you mean have sex with him, or literally sleep beside him in the bed?”

Visit http://www.sixsunday.com/ to find out who’s participating in Six Sentence Sunday this week or follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter.

This entry was posted in An Unexpected Return, Decadent, Six Sentence Sunday and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday – May 6, 2012: Six from An Unexpected Return #sixsunday

1. Ryan Derham says:

Can’t wait to hear the rest of that conversation. Great six, Jess!

2. I enjoyed Jacobus’ quick wit with Xia’s question! So, now I’ll be wondering what is going to happen next.
    Wildcats Wife recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – The Adventures of Austin Girl and the Legend of DiabloMy Profile

3. Kylie Scott says:

Well now, I wonder where this is going? Very nice 6!
    Kylie Scott recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday…My Profile

4. Alix says:

Oh I love your weaving of her naivety into the lead up of her first appointment. Beautifully done.
    Alix recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 40My Profile

5. Karla Doyle says:

Should be an interesting appointment!
    Karla Doyle recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 05/06/2012My Profile

6. “Trainer of erotic massage” I would love to read that job description! Love his literal play on words. Fun Six, Jess! Much success with your May releases! Woo-hoo!

7. Lisa Fox says:

Lol! It is good to clarify things!
    Lisa Fox recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

8. Gem Sivad says:

It’s clear from her question that sex is a definite possibility. Great six!
    Gem Sivad recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

9. Cara Bristol says:

Already I can see the potential in this story with his comment and her “training” in erotic massage. So creative, Jessica!
    Cara Bristol recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Lily meets her 1Night Stand date…My Profile

10. Cate Masters says:

Uh oh, poor Xia hasn’t been fully prepared! Makes me feel for her, especially having to deal with a cocky instructor.
    Cate Masters recently posted..SSS: First peek at A Midwest Summer Night’s DreamMy Profile

11. K.E. Saxon says:

Lol! Nice come back. I wonder what the answer is? Love the cover, btw. Great six!

12. Gemma Parkes says:

Yes, l always thought that was a strange expression! Loved your snippet!
    Gemma Parkes recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday #41My Profile

13. There’s something about involving training in the area of the erotic that is so…well, fun. :) I love how much you pack in small sentences. Says a lot about the scene and the characters. Loved it.
    J. M. Blackman recently posted..Into the NightMy Profile

14. Paula Martin says:

Wonder what the answer’s going to be? Great six!
    Paula Martin recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

15. LOL. I wonder what he told her to prompt her to ask that question & what she answers back to him. Great teasing six!
    Love the cover! :)
    Lorraine Paton recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – All That Glitters #5My Profile

16. Nice cover! And this snippet is amusing–I want to see how Xia’s assignment goes!

17. I can just see the impatience on the trainer’s face. Great six.

18. I’ll be back to find out the answer! Great snippet. I love your voice.
    Heather Thurmeier recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 5/6My Profile

19. Silver James says:

Ha! I do like Jacobus. I have the feeling he’s going to “school” Xia. ;) Enjoyable 6 and good luck with the release!
    Silver James recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Red Riding HoodMy Profile

20. Heh, I LOVE Jacobus’s response. Classic!
    Cassandra Dean recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Rough Diamond pt 4My Profile

21. Ranae Rose says:

Well, there *is* a difference between the two…although I can easily see one leading to the other! ;)
    Ranae Rose recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – Haunted PassionsMy Profile

22. Ursula Grey says:

Great six, Jessica. Can’t wait to find out what happens next…I love your cover:-) Very nice!
    Ursula Grey recently posted..Six with Adelaide and Mr. WintersMy Profile

23. Sue says:

do they have erotic massage for women??? communication is so very important – just so she knows :D
    Sue recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday May 6My Profile

24. Dee Carney says:

*snicker* Cute six!
    Dee Carney recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

25. OKay, now I NEED to know what happens!

26. Pertinent question, LOL! Sounds like things are about to take a rather heated turn. ;c)
    Sarah Ballance recently posted..05.06.12 #SixSunday with Tide of LiesMy Profile

27. Elin Gregory says:

Sensible question to ask, actually. Nice six :)
    Elin Gregory recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

28. Eleri Stone says:

Love his response:)
    Eleri Stone recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

29. Carrie-Anne says:

I love his witty response! And I love the cover.
    Carrie-Anne recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

30. S. J. Maylee says:

Ha, ha, yes there is a difference, way to keep us hangin :) great 6!
    S. J. Maylee recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday #16My Profile

31. Intriguing 6! And excited to hear about your releases and Decadent’s new line… Can’t wait to see where this is going… And your release day is my bday :)
    Angela Quarles recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – 5/6/12My Profile

32. This is off to an interesting start…hope you follow up next week with where you left off!
    ChristineWarner recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 5/6/12My Profile

33. Indeed, definitions are the heart of any job well done. ;) Fun six, Jessica!

34. Zee Monodee says:

Lol. Poor thing, she sounds in a pickle! :)
    Zee Monodee recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Before The Morning #6My Profile

35. Skye Warren says:

Ah, love the humor! Sex should be fun :D

36. I love his answer, but I suspect she’s questioning her career choice right now.
    Monica Enderle Pierce recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Flight #22 — UninterestedMy Profile

37. Love it, but I will need more of this, and soon! :)
    Daniela Renelt recently posted..Six-Sentence-Sunday 5/6My Profile

38. J.C. Martin says:

LOL. What a job! And I’m intrigued by your cover!
    J.C. Martin recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Trial By FireMy Profile

39. Jenna Jaxon says:

Ah, that euphemistic phrase “sleep with someone.” I love how he calls her on it. I wonder what option she would take, given those two meanings? Loved this six!
    Jenna Jaxon recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday–5/06 Only Scandal Will DoMy Profile

40. Yea, that’s a pretty important distinction. Fun story! Looking forward to more. :)
    Dianne Hartsock recently posted..Eran’s Release is Out!My Profile

41. Laura Kaye says:

Oh, I want more of THAT conversation! :) Great six!
    Laura Kaye recently posted..#SixSunday 55: On blood & lust… + #ForeverFreed a BBA Finalist!My Profile

42. Looking forward to reading this one, and ALL the SF decadent titles in the new line :)
    Fab six, Jessica… but I wish you hadn’t stopped there! MORE?! hehe

43. Pippa Jay says:

*snorts into cup of tea* :D
    Pippa Jay recently posted..Keir – Official Release Day!My Profile

44. Ha! Cheeky bugger isn’t he? lol Sounds like another good one Jess … and hey guess who has two thumbs and has currently started The Zurian Child? That’s right … this gal! … That may be funnier if you could see me pointing at myself with my two thumbs … anywho give the boogers big hugs and kisses from me!
    Alisha Robinson recently posted..TTT ResultMy Profile