Six Sentence Sunday: Sudden Breakaway – Will Jared get a break? #sixsunday

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading
and commenting on my excerpts each week. :)

This week, I bring you another six from Sudden Breakaway,
a 1Night Stand story coming soon to Decadent Publishing.

While Jared has the hots for Ms. Brown, there are two things that keep him from joining the Space Service, or pursuing a relationship with the woman.

Jared yanked Dylan off the top of the fridge, holding him under his arm as the kid tried to wiggle free. “Superman could fly. You can’t. If you jump off the fridge, you’re going to get hurt.”

Once the boy stopped squirming, he set him down and rushed over to his niece who had decided to color his white cell phone, pink. “Madison, I know you love everything pink, but my phone does not need a makeover.”

Visit http://www.sixsunday.com/ to find out who’s participating in Six Sentence Sunday this week or follow the #sixsunday hashtag on twitter.

This entry was posted in Decadent, Six Sentence Sunday, Sudden Breakaway and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday: Sudden Breakaway – Will Jared get a break? #sixsunday

1. Excellent job of conveying the scene! This poor guy is in over his head. :-)
    Teresa Cypher recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday for 4-15-12My Profile

2. Cate Masters says:

Another release? Wow, congrats! He sounds like a sweetie. :)
    Cate Masters recently posted..SSS: Bodie clues Lily inMy Profile

3. Eleri Stone says:

Such patience. Hard not to love a guy who’s good with kids. Great look into his character:)
    Eleri Stone recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

4. Oh man! Poor guy! I can definitely see he DOES have too much on his plate for Ms. Brown, much less the Space Service! Great way of showing without telling!
    Angela Quarles recently posted..Comment on Six Sentence Sunday – 4/15/12 by angela quarlesMy Profile

5. hehe. I love it. What a fantastic show of character. Great six.
    Joanne Stewart recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

6. LOL! Love him! Great six!
    Jennifer Lowery (Kamptner) recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

7. kerrianne says:

I think he needs to count to ten… LOL I like pink phones.

8. Cara Bristol says:

Fun. Fun. Fun. Enjoyed this.
    Cara Bristol recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Lily reluctantly decides to go for it…My Profile

9. LOL. Sounds like he has his hands full! I love his patience.
    Lorraine Paton recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – All That Glitters #2My Profile

10. Skye Warren says:

Very cute! And that’s enough to put any bachelor off!

11. Ha! He does has his hands full, doesn’t he? What a fun six, Jess.
    Sandra Bunino recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday – 4/15My Profile

12. Zee Monodee says:

Lol – don’t you just love a big, strong man grappling with tiny kids? Melt moment for me all the time :) Funny six, Jessica. Another winner. XOXO
    Zee Monodee recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Before The Morning #3My Profile

13. Sue says:

Yep those are two good reasons – where are their folks?
    Sue recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday April 15My Profile

14. Poor Jared! Sounds like those feisty kids may be too much to handle. ;) It’s fun to feel his frustration, any parent can relate! Well done! :)

15. Gemma Parkes says:

Don’t you just love kids? lol! great post.
    Gemma Parkes recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday #38My Profile

16. I love a guy who loves children. Hot!

17. Sandra Sookoo says:

Cute, fun scene :-)

18. You did a great job of showing us what ties him down and his dialogue is fantastic. Another nice six, Jessica.
    And thanks for the comment on my six this week. :D
    Monica Enderle Pierce recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Flight #20 — BonjourMy Profile

19. Silver James says:

Oh, Jessica! This week’s Six is terrific. You convey that he is both frantic, patient, and yet frustrated, too!
    Silver James recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday — I Need Coffee!My Profile

20. Karla Doyle says:

Two things…sort of sounds like Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss.
    Cute six, Jessica :)
    Karla Doyle recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday-04/15/2012My Profile

21. Paula Martin says:

LOL, he really does have his hands full, doesn’t he?

22. Sarah W says:

He’s an uncle! That gives him a completely different dimension . . . and makes him even hotter . . .
    Sarah W recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday: Full Metal Librarian XXI (The Death)My Profile

23. K.E. Saxon says:

I am so entertained by this snippet. You capture little kids SO well. And the hero is now completely loveable in my opinion. Great six. Can’t wait to read the whole of it when it’s released. :))

24. Oh no! He better get control of them quick or he’s in touble. Great six. :)
    Dianne Hartsock recently posted..Christian Group Shows Up To Chicago Gay Pride Holding Apologetic SignsMy Profile

25. Haahaa! Men trying to deal with small people is always funny. :) I love a good hearted hero.

26. Ryan Derham says:

So I’m guessing his niece and nephew (his two reasons for not joining the space service?) are even more dangerous than space or Ms. Brown. ;) Fun six, Jessica!

27. Jenna Jaxon says:

Two good reasons not to have time to get involved! But he’s great with the kids–bet he’d like some of his own. LOL Sounds like another great story with a wonderful hero. Congrats, Jessica!
    Jenna Jaxon recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday–4/15 Only Scandal Will DoMy Profile

28. Carrie-Anne says:

Very cute scene. The coloring the phone pink reminded me of the time I drew my stick figure so-called “Hi Guys” in my baby book when my mom was on the phone.
    Carrie-Anne recently posted..Six Sentence SundayMy Profile

29. Such a great post – I like him already!
    Melissa MacKinnon recently posted..4.15.12 Six Sentence Sunday: Return to MeMy Profile

30. Siobhan Muir says:

Oh, man, I can so relate! I loved the last line about the makeover. No wonder he’s so busy. Great six, Jessica. :)

31. Cherie Marks says:

Oh, I have soooo been there! Too, too funny! Great six.

32. Three characters in six lines, and quite a lot of action.
    E. P. Beaumont recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday, 15 April 2012 (The Reincarnations of Miss Anne)My Profile

33. Ha ha ok that does sound great Jess! … Hmm the part where he picks up his son from the fridge reminds me of me and your peckerhe- I mean husband *smile* I used to think I could fly too and remember a couple times where he and Ken had to catch me mid flight lol … A great 6 and much like your other 1NS’s I’m sure I will love it! Your stuff just keeps getting better and better!
    Alisha Robinson recently posted..Six Sentence Sunday 23 #sixsundayMy Profile